Friday, March 02, 2007

Armenia - Hayko [exclusive]

01-03-2007
oikotimes.com
By Luke Fisher reporting from Kent (United Kingdom)

Hayko is one of the best known male artists in Armenia, and now has the honour of representing his country for only their second ever participation at the Eurovision Song Contest. Here's what he had to say to oikotimes.com:

Hayko- first of all, congratulations on winning the Armenian national final. How does it feel to know that you are the official Armenia representative for Eurovision this year?
Thank you. Well it is a great responsibility, which I realise stronger day after day.

When did you think about entering the national final for Eurovision?
I have written 7 songs for the National Selection, but this one was chosen by jury and also the team I work with throughout the years. My friends forecast that ''Anytime You Need'' is going to be the best one during the selection.

What was the process you had to go through?
Actually the melody has been in my mind for a long time as I worked at the soundtrack to the film "Don't Be Afraid" produced by Public TV of Armenia. The main theme of the soundtrack slightly turned into a new melody and I couldn't help writing it on the paper.

About your career, when did you get into singing?
Everything started from the music school, them musical college, than State Conservatoire after Komitas. My public performances commenced in the State Music Theatre in 1996.

You've won many awards in Armenia, (apart from Eurovision) which is the one that means the most to you?
I appreciate the decision to award me every time I win something. I appreciate every kind word of my fans because they support me and the best award ever won is public love.

You also co-wrote your song ''Anytime you need''. What inspired you to write it, and was it written with Eurovision in mind?
I am thankfull to Karen Kavaleryan, who was very kind to write touching and at the same time very comprehensible lyrics to my song. I kept in my mind the only thing - ESC is unpredictable and I need to present something which is full of my own emotions.

Was entering Eurovision something you'd always wanted to do?
I am happy for my country to be represented during the contest, and I feel the greatest responcibility for the people who believe in me. Actually the chance is given and nobody should lose it.

Are you a fan of the contest? If yes, what is your favourite ever entry?
I've been watching the ESC even before we could officially be represented there and I must admit it's something to enjoy first of all. I can't recall my favourite entry right now, it's difficult.

Last year, Andre not only qualified to the final, but finished high enough to mean that you are already in the final- do you worry that you have high standards to fulfil this year?
This is what I mean when I'm saying about the responsibility that I have!

Will you make any changes to your song before Helsinki?
Probably I will make some technical rearrangements before making the CD-single.

What are you looking forward to most about Eurovision & Helsinki?Feel the rhythm of Eurovision ;) This time in Helsinki!

As you prepare to go on stage, what do you think will be running through your mind?You are too curious! You'll see it during the rehearsals.

What do you think your song will offer to the Eurovision audience?Love and love again.

And finally, is there anything you'd like to say to the Eurovision fans reading this?I wish all the best to the readers and fans of ESC. Hopefully you will like the show I am going to present in Helsinki. My love to you ''Anytime You Need''!

The best of luck to Hayko at Eurovision 2007, and special thanks to Diana Mnatsakanyan of AMPTV.

Note: Above are excerpts from the article. The full article appears here. Clarifications and comments by me are contained in {}. Deletions are marked by [...]. The bold emphasis is mine.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home