Saturday, January 14, 2006

Hard worker

January 13, 2006
Corsican Daily Sun
By AJ Narasimhan

Senior Lorene Bouboushian is far from an ordinary CHS student. The senior has a resume fit for a doctorate student and has proven that ambition and hard work pays off.
[...]
Bouboushian has studied many aspects of dance including ballet, modern, hip-hop and her native Armenian. It gets her connected with life and her dreams.

“Dancing is uplifting, it opens the mind and lets all the energy out,” she said.

In the future, Bouboushian hopes to record dance in Armenia and incorporate the art into facets of education.At CHS, Bouboushian is the Senior Lt. of the Calicos Dance Team, Secretary of Students Against Destructive Decisions (SADD), a member of the Calculus Club, two-year member of the National Honor Society, a member of the Asian Culture Club and vice-president of the Spanish Club.
[...]
Bouboushian said she gets a great deal of her ambition and drive from her parents.

“I credit much of my success to my parents — without their support and broadmindedness, I feel that I would lack my drive to success and my appreciation for the arts, the world’s cultures, diverse areas of knowledge, and the people with whom I interact daily,” she said.

Note: Above are excerpts from the article. The full article appears here. Clarifications and comments by me are contained in {}. Deletions are marked by [...]. The bold emphasis is mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home