Saturday, January 28, 2006

Armenia: Andre confirms himself the song title 'Stay with me' as Eurovision entry

January 28, 2006
Fotis Konstantopoulos reporting from Athens (Greece)
source: Armenianow.com

This year on May 18th for the first time Armenia will participate in the Eurovision International Song Festival in Greece side by side with 38 other countries. And for the first time viewers will have the opportunity to vote for Armenian participant. The honor to represent Armenia belongs to 26-year-old singer Andre, a native of Karabakh. [...] "I was so excited at first when I learned the news of my participation. Then I realized what a tremendous responsibility it is, after all I am going to represent not Andre’s personality but the country, and that is very serious," says Andre. Armenia got the right to participate in the competition in July 2005 after getting membership in the Organization of European Broadcasters.
[...]
[...] Though Eurovision is a first for Armenia, competition is not new to Andre. He has represented Armenia in Moscow, Almaty (Kazakhstan), in Shanghai. In the “World Art Championship” in Hollywood, he was named World Champion.

Note: Above are excerpts from the article. The full article appears here. Clarifications and comments by me are contained in {}. Deletions are marked by [...]. The bold emphasis is mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home